Are you looking to set up a CRA My Account? It’s a two step process. The first is to complete the application online. After that, you will be sent a letter with a security code by mail. The letter includes instructions as to how to enter the security code. Your CRA My Account will be fully activated once you enter the code. Please enter the code as soon as you receive it as the code will expire.
Here is how you can apply:
Click on the link to CRA My Account
Scroll down to OPTION 2 and select “CRA Register”
Next, follow the prompts and complete the requested personal information. Make sure you have a recent tax return on hand.
- Enter your social insurance number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your current postal code or ZIP code.
- Enter an amount you entered on one of your income tax and benefit returns. Have a copy of your returns handy. (The line amount requested will vary. It could be from the current tax year or the previous one.) To register, a return for one two recent tax years must have been filed and assessed.
- Create a CRA user ID and password.
- Create your security questions and answers. You can also decide if you want a persistent cookie added to your computer, so you can access CRA Login Services using that same computer later without being asked for more identification.
After you complete step one of the registration process, you will have access to limited tax information on My Account. After you enter your CRA security code, you will have access to the full suite of services available in My Account, as well as the Auto-fill my return service.